Monday 1 March 2010

Little Red Wagon Challenge #17

It's time for another Little Red Wagon challenge and, before I show you my entry, I must say another big 'thank you' to Little Red Wagon for featuring my project last week.  I was thrilled. 

This week's challenge is: 'Black & White. No color at all, just simply black and white.'  This sounds really easy until you start!  It's quite difficult to make an interesting card without any colour at all.  Anyway, this is what I came up with:




Image: another vintage find at Little Grey Bungalow
Paper: printed from the 'Big Fella' digi kit by Pink Petticoat.
 
I embossed a frame around the image using my Nestabilities, before matting the image on to black cardstock.  If you enlarge the photograph, you should be able to see a little row of 'diamonds' around her neck.  I added the diamante ribbon slider for a touch of class and found the sassy sentiment on the web, on one of the many quotes and phrases sites. 
 
Considering there is very little work and no colouring at all in this card, I actually like it very much.  Now, who should be the 'lucky' recipient?  Mmmmmm (rubs chin in a deep-thinking kind of way).
 
So, off to link up and then back to making more, as I'm back at work tomorrow and have a busy week ahead so I don't know how much time I'm going to have to craft this week.  Plus, it's my birthday later this week and Daughter (who has tonsilitis, bless her) will be coming home for a couple of days to help me celebrate.  Can't wait to see her.
 
Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

2 comments:

  1. I love your card! Especially the sentiment!!! Thanks so much for joining us at LRW:)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.