Friday 5 March 2010

Is It Nearly Saturday Again, Already?

I'm sure this week has gone by more quickly than ever, although I have been particularly busy and have also fitted in a birthday and Daughter visiting too, so it's perhaps not surprising that it's Friday and I've not yet uploaded my entries for last Saturday's challenges!  So, without further ado...

I chose to combine last week's Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C26) and Papercraft Planet Sketch Challenge for this card.  Crazy 4 Challenges challenge this week was to 'create a card/project using at least 3 different textures' and I used the Papercraft Planet sketch for the layout:


 Here's my take:


Image: Vintage download from Digital Two for Tuesday
Papers:  Kanban, 'Mini Leaves Mint' A4 cardstock and Bazzill plain cardstock
Embellishments: stash

I wanted a fairly simple colour combo for this card so I've stuck with just the two papers and let the image and flowers provide the rest.  I ran the Bazzill through my Wizard with the Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder (texture 1).  The white background card is generic hammered white (texture 2).  I added a satin ribbon (texture 3) to complete the three textures but, in fact, there are at least three more: the button, the brads and the flowers.  I puched some fronds out with my new punch (more later) and added a simple sentiment to complete the card.

Now then, yesterday was my birthday (21 again, of course) - and thank you all for your birthday wishes, they were much appreciated - so I got to pick what I wanted to do.  My darling OH is not a great lover of craft shops because I tend to spend a long time looking at things that non-crafters simply don't appreciate!  But yesterday we went to a large craft shop about 20 miles away as a special treat, so that I could spend some of my birthday money.  This shop has the largest selection of punches I have ever seen in one place!  I could have spent hundreds on just punches alone but was very good and bought only a couple of leaf punches and a couple of flower centres, ready for my other new flower punches arriving through the post. We spent a happy couple of hours there and I was quite restrained overall.  But I did so enjoy myself!

So I'm now another year older (ho-hum!), no wiser and a little poorer after yesterday's foray.  But age is only a state of mind so I've decided I really am just 21, with the benefit of 26 years' experience!

Going off to Mr Linky. 

Happy crafting.

Photobucketxx

1 comment:

  1. Sweet card, and I love the box on the previous post, so creative, a lovely present.

    It's my birthday tomorrow and If I've worked it out right from your clue we're the same age - 47!

    :)x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.