Monday 29 March 2010

Life's Simple Pleasures

If today had been a sunny, breezy spring day (like yesterday), then I could have made something of this title.  But, as posted earlier, we've been forecast snow again, which may be a simple pleasure when you're seven years old but not when you're 47 years old and trying to get on with life!  Thankfully, I'm not doing much (on doctor's orders) so I don't have to worry about going outside but, honestly, spring has sprung then bounced off again!

Roll on the heady days of summer, which is forecast to be the hottest since 1976, the year when we all melted.  Of course, here in the UK we are very preoccupied with our weather - too cold, too wet, too hot - so we'll not be happy in the summer, either.  But at least there's the option of picnics by the river, lazy days reading in the garden and BBQs with friends to look forward to. 

Over on the Papertake Weekly Challenge, they have a really nice sketch this week:

I have been dying to use some of my new Graphic 45 papers: lovely, vintage, rich.  And who works very well with that sort of look?  Yes, Mo's Mummu - what a joy.  I think Mummu loves the summer because she can get out on her bicycle and collect wild flowers for her table:

Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'Mummu's Bike'
Papers: Graphic 45, 'Domestic Goddess' collection.


Isn't she lovely? What a game old bird!  I get the feeling that she just loves life (and smells of lavender water!).

Here's a close up:

I coloured her with my Copics, of course - they give a deep richness of colour to match the richness of the papers.  Then I added the grass with my Prismacolors, roughly, this time, as it really is only a bit of grounding.  You might just be able to see the pale blue glow around the rest of the image, just to knock back the white and give the image a bit more context, really. 

Don't forget that you'll be able to see me on the Mo's Dream Team blog in April - I'm so excited (in case you hadn't yet gathered!) 

Right, off to link up and then have a cuppa - tea makes everything better, you know!

Happy crafting.  
Photobucketxx

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations.. They could not have picked a more talented stamper or better person. I am so excited for you.. This is beautiful.. I hope you feel better soon.. I need to catch up on your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic Mo card - love it, but I so love Mo images anyway...and just noticed you are from York - hey near me...I am just outside York - nice to meet you.....

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.