Wednesday 24 March 2010

Blimey! Four Challenges in One!

I think I've only managed this once before and this time, it wasn't even intentional!  I set out to make a card for Sketch Saturday, as I liked their sketch this week (although I have a feeling that's because it's like one of my favourite/usual layouts!):

Now, sad as it may seem, I keep a running log of all the weekly challenges I'm interested in, up-dating it each day so that I don't miss any (although, as you will have seen recently, this still doesn't stop me missing deadlines!).  I can then cross them off if I enter and I find I am less likely to get confused this way (really?!).  I rarely set out to make for more than one challenge at a time but when I've made a card, I always check whether or not it matches any other challenges.  Well, blow me down if I didn't find a bumper crop this week!

The other challenges are:



Cupcake Craft Challenge:   Food and drink
Dancing in Pyjamas:   Colour challenge: 
Raise the BarFruits of Labor (include fruit)

And here is what I made:


Image:  Digital Two for Tuesday
Papers: October Afternoon (fruit) and Craft Creations (check)

I love this image. I coloured it with my Copics and paper-pieced the apron - she reminds me of my grandmother.  When we used to travel to see her for the weekend, particularly in the winter, she would have a wonderful pot of stew and dumplings or some Yorkshire puddings waiting for us - heaven!  (And now I'm hungry for stew and dumplings!)

Feeling a little better today - just keep having to sleep, which is no bad thing, I guess.  Thank you for your lovely get well wishes - they really mean a lot to me.

So, off to link up (for the second time today) and then I'll eat, though it won't be stew.  That gives me an idea for tomorrow night ....

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh this is gorgeous, love the retro image you've used, and those papers are perfect, really gorgeous work :)

    Thank you so much for joining in the Raise the Bar Challenge this week, hope to see you again next week :)

    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a gorgeous card! I love this retro image, very reminiscent of the 50s, so sweet with the paper piecing and the DP that you've chosen. Thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! love the image and that paper is perfecto :) way to go combining challenges with out even trying :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.