Thursday 25 March 2010

How Tweet!

I'm beginning to think I have sixth sense, you know.  While at the papercraft show the other day, I picked up a load of beautiful papers by October Afternoon, just randomly, because I liked them.  Then, low and behold, I find that they are perfect for use in some of the current challenges - see, sixth sense. 

This week (only just!), the Daring Cardmakers Friday challenge is 'Tweetie Pie', i.e. to include a bird in your project.  Then Little Red Wagon posted their new challenge, which is a colour challenge:

The colours in this picture are 'just me' - beautiful soft aquas and pinks - and the setting is so 'country'.  I could imagine folk art vases on the bedside, full of pretty, blousy peonies. Mmmm - perfect place for a weekend away!

Thinking about these two challenges, my mind immediately went to one of the sheets of paper I had purchased. It has a lovely folk art-like pattern, in aqua and cerise/red and, as luck would have it, sweet little love birds are the main focus. Therefore, it seemed only right that I should use it for a card, but I really wasn't sure how, particularly as my mojo is a little low at the moment because of my illness.  Then the mojo fairy paid a flying visit and, presto!, the card was made:


Papers: October Afternoon, Bazzill card, pearlised ice blue card.

Tools: EK Success Retro Flower punches; Floral Punch leaf spray (can you tell these are my favourites tools at the moment?!)

I love the simplicity of this card - it's nothing like I would normally make but I think it really works.  I love the little love birds (and, strangely, I don't normally go for birds at all) and the beautiful colours and patterns.  Obviously, I love making flowers at the moment and this combination of colours works so well together.
 
So, another mojo crisis averted and a cute little engagement/wedding card made in the process.  Aaaah, life is good.
 
So, 'House' is about to start on TV so I must link up and then take my place on the sofa - I love Hugh Laurie in this role although I don't think I'd much like him as a doctor!
 
Happy crafting. 
Photobucket
xx

7 comments:

  1. that card is equisite Peri - thanks so much fopr joining in with DCM this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Peri, I really like it! Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, a beautiful card. :) Thanks for joining in with the DCM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peri this is beautiful. I love the colors.. October Afternoon is one of my favorite paper lines.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well this is beautiful and i love the birds :) i am with you i love House!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.