Saturday 6 March 2010

My Mojo Is Ready for Monday

I wasn't sure about the Mojo Monday challenge this week - I couldn't get my mojo started in fact.  But then I bought a beautiful bold sheet of paper at the craft shop on Thursday and, suddenly, mojo was restored.

Here's the sketch:


And here's my entry:
 

Image: VN Digital Art, 'Kalia
Paper: American Crafts, 'A La Carte' range, 'Bruschetta'

This is busy, bold and quite different from my usual creations.  I think it works but I guess this one really is going to be a matter of taste!

The image (so beautiful) was coloured with my Copics then matted on to a black scalloped circle, which was layered on to a large plain red circle to give it extra punch against the busy background.  I made some bright flowers from Bazzill and punched some bright green leaves with my new punch.  A gem in each scallop to finish and there she is - Kalia in all her glory.

As you can see, I have only based the card on this sketch, not followed it to a 'T', but the basic elements are there.

Off to Mr Linky, then, before I forget (which wouldn't be unusual!)

Happy crafting.
 Photobucketxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.