Monday 22 March 2010

What A Lovely Pair ...

... of challenges this post is for.  I was determined not to miss Little Red Wagon this week, particularly because the challenge is to use my Copics!  This fits very nicely with Mo's challenge, of course, which is to use at least three punches on a project - so, Copics and punches - a lovely pair.

Whilst at the Papercraft Extravaganza on Saturday, Mum (and Dad) were kind enough to buy me a Martha Stewart 'Punch Around The Page' punch (which, in fact, is two punches).  I wanted to show it in action and thank them for their gift so, obviously, a card was in order.  I wanted to use 'Makin' Cards' by Mo, but I didn't really need Bronte dog to be included.  So I e-mailed Mo and she was kind enough to agree to me not only removing Bronte from the image but to me posting the resulting image on my card, so here it is:


Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'Makin Cards' (altered with permission)
Papers: DCWV, 'Linen Closet'
Tools: Martha Stewart 'Punch Around The Page', Double Loop; EK Success Retro Flower punches

The papers are from the collection I bought at the papercraft show - it's a lovely set and in my favourite colour combination.  Mum particularly liked the patchwork. The Retro Flower punches are also new toys - beats drawing around my own templates and then cutting out!

I coloured Bella with my Copics - ain't she sweet?  This is just the position you would often find me in when I was young - on the floor with my colouring pencils.  Nothing changes, except now I sit up to colour!


I'm still feeling ropey and the doc has signed me off work so that I can rest some more.  Got to go and have blood tests tomorrow, though - yeeeuch!  I think this calls for chocolate!

Off to link up before book and bedtime. 

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

4 comments:

  1. So sweet, love that image! Your shading is terrific!Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peri, I thought for a day or two that you weren't going to play this week. So glad you did, your Bella is Gorgeous and the punches you chose are PERFECT!!! I always look forward to your entries :)
    Thanks for playing the Mo's Challenge with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! The image just "pops"off the subtle background colors. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring Peri! Your card is darling. Thanks for playig along with us this week at Mo's and for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.