Wednesday 24 March 2010

First Time at Friday Sketchers

I really like sketch challenges - they make me think a little harder about what I'm doing because, as most crafters will know, there is a tendency to always rely on tried and trusted layouts. I decided that I would try my hand at the Friday Sketchers current sketch this week, although I'm not certain that I like the result.  Anyway up (Yorkshire saying), here's the sketch:

The hardest part for me was deciding how many patterns/papers I really wanted to use for this card; whether I wanted to use a different one for each block or repeat papers for simplicity.  Needless to say, this card didn't end up being simple and I completely 'overthought' it, probably. 

Here's the result:






Image: Heather Ellis, Pure Innocence 6
(currently on sale)
Papers: Kanban and SEI.
Tools: EK Success Retro Flower punches/Floral Punch leave punch

After completing it, I decided I wasn't happy with the dark background - don't you just hate it when that happens?  So I added some extra lengths of cardstock to reduce the dark areas.  Mmmmm, like I say, completely overthought this one and although there's nothing technically wrong with it, I don't think it's my best work!  Oh hum!   Still, it's done now and I'm determined to post it because it took some time and effort to finish it! 

It's the Budget this afternoon, so it'll be interesting to see misery the Chancellor brings.  Mind you, I wouldn't have his job for all the money in the world - he'll be panned no matter what measures he brings in.  It'll probably make interesting viewing though, if only to see how many times the Opposition boos!

Off to link up before lunch.

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

1 comment:

  1. ok this image is too precious! beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.