Wednesday 10 March 2010

A Gem of a Challenge

As a March baby, I've always been fond of the colour aquamarine - maybe it's something to do with my Pisces birthsign, all that water we fishes swim in.  Well this week, Daring Cardmakers' challenge was to create a card with aquamarine, so that wasn't a problem for me as it's a colour that is quite prominent, in one shade or another, in my stash.

I added this to Mojo Monday's challenge sketch #129:

and here's the result:


Image: Heather Ellis, Pure Innocence 21
Papers: Background, Kanban 'Mini Leaves Mint'; Bazzill Basics 'Swiss Dots'; Cosmo Cricket, 'Girl Friday'

What a sweetie, isn't she?  This image is wonderful for a 'Just to say' or 'Just a note' card.  I coloured her with my Copics, and used my Copic blender to 'remove' the dots on her dress.  Love that technique!  Then I knocked back the white a bit with some alabaster chalk ink, made a funky flower and added a classic bow (I should use this style of bow more often, I like it!) to finish. 

This week is sliding by too quickly for my liking - I really must get on with my other challenges but I'm afraid sometimes life gets in the way.  Oh hum!

Right, off to Mr Linky and hope he's happy today.

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card and the image is indeed very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card Peri. I love the way you have coloured that sweet girl and the bow is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.