Sunday 28 February 2010

One, Two, Three - It's Time for Mum

This is my third post this morning, only because I know I have tons of stuff to do over the coming days and I don't want to miss posting all the stuff I've been busy making.  So it seemed only fitting that this post is for the Raise The Bar challenge this week, which is: 'Three's Company! That's right - use increments of 3 anywhere on your card: 3 embellishment, 3 brads, 3 designer papers, you name it.'

I chose to add this challenge to the Digital Tuesday Challenge, which is: 'to make A Card For Mum this could be Mothers Day, birthday or just to say I love you, so this is my challenge to you, it can be a card or other project whatever you feel like creating but must contain at least one digital image.'

I've recently downloaded some vintage images from The Little Grey Bungalow. The images are taken from 1950s sewing patterns and I love them.  There is one in particular that reminds me of my mum, who used to sew many of her own (and my) clothes.  Mum is a very elegant lady, always well dressed, beautifully made up, and with great poise and presence.  This image really brings her to mind:


Image: Little Grey Bungalow, 'The 1950s 'Topper''
Papers: Crate Paper, Bazzill

This image was coloured with my Copics, and I'm really pleased with the result.  I knocked some white out of the background with some chalk ink in Alabaster, and added a gem, for bling, as an earring.  Because this was taken from a sewing pattern, it seemed only right to add some stitching and buttons to complete the feel.  Even the ribbon is stitched!  I really like this card, particularly as, halfway through, I didn't think it was going to come out well. Just shows, sometimes your mojo just needs to wander a bit!

Happy crafting.

Photobucketxx

5 comments:

  1. What a great card. Love your coloring. The buttons are such a nice accent! Thanks so much for playing the DTC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card, love the colors and the image...never seen anything like it before... just love this! I'm so glad you were able to join us this week at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FANTASTIC and your coloring is PERFECT! Love it ... also reminds me of MY mom!! She's 80 years old and still never goes out of the house without being dressed beautifully & hair/makeup/nails ... all perfect!
    Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar. We do hope to see you again next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some traffic coming to me from your blog, and being the nosy lady that I am, I wandered over. I love what you made out of that old sewing illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popped over from Shay's Little Grey Bungalow. The card turned out fabulously.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.