Saturday 27 March 2010

Love Is In The Air

We have lots of family in Australia and one of our lovely nieces over there is about to get married - aaah, love!  Obviously, this is a great opportunity to make a wedding card and to bring out the lace, which I rarely, if ever, use.  It was one of those purchases that seemed like a good idea at the time, but never really sees the light of day because it is just too 'heavy duty' for my regular style. 

Because this is a personal card, i.e. made for someone specific rather than just a challenge card, I didn't bother looking at the challenges before I started.  I knew what I wanted the card to be and so I just set to and made it.  It was only when I was looking at my challenge list for something else that I realised that it could be just the answer to a couple of challenges, so ...

The CPS-Card Sketches challenge this week is:

By some lucky fluke, although the margins are slightly different, it seems I've managed to use this layout, turned through 90 degrees!

Additionally, Raise The Bar's newest challenge is 'April Fool - show us a style you normally don't do.'  Well, I reckon the lace qualifies me for this - it really is bringing out the 'big guns' in terms of embellishment.  In addition, the image is real rubber, and, generally speaking, I've stopped rubber stamping in favour of digital stamping, now, because I find it more and more difficult to get a good impression with rubber, now that my hands are a little less reliable. 

So here is the card:


Image: Stamping Bella, 'Wedding Gown Circle'
Papers: DCWV, 'Linen Closet' (me likes much!)

The image was lightly shaded with my Copics, and glittered on the bow and confetti.  Cut with my scalloped circle Nestabilities, of course, and I cut an additional scalloped circle in pearlised blue, which I placed so that the scallops show between those on the image.  I added a small pearl to each scallop and matted and layered as you can see.  The lace and ribbon were the final embellishment and I think it works very well. The colours are fresh, young and modern but the lace and bow bring a touch of vintage wedding to the finished result.


We intend to send a gift voucher for their wedding list so I have made the card tri-fold: inside left is a little wedding wisdom; inside middle is blank for our message; and the third fold is a voucher holder.  I have perforated the card so that the voucher holder can be torn off and the card kept on its own. As you can see, I picked up the lace motif on the inside by applying a single lace drop to the voucher holder, to cover the semi-circular tab that holds it together.

And a close-up of the 'dress'.

Lots of pictures this morning, but I thought you'd like to see the whole thing instead of just the front.  It was a real labour of love, this one, and it is sheer fluke that you're getting to see it because I'd not intended to post it. 

Well, I'm off to have a happy weekend - you might gather from this morning's other post that I'm on cloud nine at the moment, which, of course, is the best place to be if you want to be creative. And I intend to spend much of today creating something!


Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being picked for Miss April for Mo. You do great work! I especailly love your Cosmo Cricket card....gotta love their papers! I look forward to seeing what you create with Mo's art. LindaC

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING!! I truly LOVE what you have done here! What a beautiful creation! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Raise The Bar! That lace is absolutely gorgeous and perfect with your image! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous! I love that stamped circle, and the ribbon is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peri you are amazing! I love this card and the trifold. What a great gift to the happy bride. The image is so well colored, it looks like an actual photograph! Thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.