Wednesday 10 March 2010

Mail for Males (Allsorts Challenge Week 42)

Last week, when Daughter was home from uni for a few days, she asked me to make a birthday card for her boyfriend and although she did give me a clue as to what she wanted, my mojo looked at her askance as she patently didn't know what she was asking.  I mean, it was a card for a MAN!  No flowers, ribbons, pretty bits, just MAN STUFF.

And then, this week, the Allsorts Challenge Blog team have thrown the 'Just For Men' challenge at us and I can hear the screams from Crafty Blogland already. It's not that we don't love our men, it's just that it's really difficult to make manly cards.

So with the above challenge in mind (and not wanting to let Daughter down), I turned to Mo.  I don't think it is any coincidence at all that her name begins with the first two letters of 'mojo' - she always seems to be able to get mine going again!

Here he is:


Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'Video Boy'
Papers: Rusty Pickle, I think - I've had them quite a while.

I'm actually really pleased with the way this has turned out.  Daughter dictated the colour of the clothes (I think The Boyfriend must wear a lot of black) and left the rest to me.  He is coloured with my Copics, with a Prismacolor glow for good measure.  Daughter is very pleased and I hope The Boyfriend will be too.

It's just about bedtime now so I'll hop over and play with Mr Linky before retiring for the night.

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

1 comment:

  1. Your coloring is sooo pretty. Oh I guess I should say handsome..hehe.. Love this and so will he..

    I forgot to tell you I used my prisma pencils on some textured cardstock for my card today.. I LOVED it.. I just need to keep looking for cardstock like you had for yours.. Thanks for your info again...:)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.