Here's what I came up with:
Cover: Japanese silk book binding cloth
Papers: Cosmo Cricket, Early Bird
This is the first 'book' I've made since I gave up book binding some four-and-a-half years ago. Obviously, this one wasn't made in the traditional way at all - in fact, I bought a blank journal inner and applied my own covers, inner and outer. The only way in which it mildly resembles my previous work is that it is covered in Japanese book binding cloth. Of course, many of the skills I developed whilst binding come in handy - how to assess the grain of paper (and if you want to know why this is important, feel free to leave me a comment/question); how to measure and cut well; how to attach stuff to other stuff (i.e. what adhesive to use and how to apply it properly); and how to see a project as a sum of its parts, which is useful when trying to work out what goes where and how!
I can no longer bind - my hands and arms are no longer strong enough - it's a very labour-intensive, heavy and, at times, quite violent trade (all that bashing stuff with hammers!). So this has been very therapeutic, really - it has allowed me to create a book (of a kind) yet hasn't required any of the heavy work. More will follow, I'm sure!
Anyway, I shall post it at Little Red Wagon, if they'll still allow it, just so that I can say it's done. Silly me - I must try harder!