Thursday 28 October 2010

Miss December 2010

Ah my dear friends, do I have a treat for you this evening! 

First, by way of a short introduction, do you remember Miss Blackpool 1945?


And can you recall the amount of effort Maude put into looking so good?


Well, I'm pleased to announce that it all paid off because Maude Doodlebuns has been selected to star as 'Miss December 2010' in the latest Pirelli (Spare Tyre) Calendar!  How's about that for an old girl, eh?  And I was delighted when Maude sent me a copy of her starring moment:


Image: Just Inklined, 'Maude Merry Christmas'

Paper: Cosmo Cricket

Doesn't she look grand in her winter outfit?  Look at those beautiful ... features.  She is a vision in red, isn't she?  Bet Santa can't wait to fill her stockings!  (Oooo-err Missus!)


I just couldn't wait to play with this hilarious image.  As you can see above, I've developed something of a soft spot for Maude, she being such a glamour-puss and all, just like me! So I was delighted when Jak and the team released this bit of gorgeousness. 

There are some smashing new images over at Just Inklined, both Christmassy and otherwise, so why not check out the blog for some fabulous inspiration from my Teamies.

Right, bed time - late again!  It was my Dad's big birthday today (I'm not saying how old he is but he's got a year to go before he's 71!) so we've eaten late and I'm still stuffed so I don't know how much sleep I'll get, but my Kindle beckons in the meantime.

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

9 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! (giggle) This is Fabulous. I need to make a calender like this for my DH!!!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha - they say laughter is good for the soul - so thanx for the HUGE lift - this is a real crack up - LOVE the way you put your post together!!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg Peri this is brilliant!!!!!
    What a fab set of images, I've never seen Maude before so am off now to check her out
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is HILARIOUS!!!!! So, so cute though and the coloring is amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peri - I'm still giggling! What a FAB image - I have to have it! Superbly coloured as always too.
    We need to figure a date for our next coffee outing... Let me know when you're available!
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Peri ! I'd just downloaded the free image, then spotted the it on your blog. She does make me smile ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Peri, this is hilarious, I love the tale you have woven around this too funny image. As always, your coloring is fabulous and she certainly is quite the striking pin-up gal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a hoot! Great coloring, she's just too funny for words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got that freebie, I now just the person who are gettng her as a christmas card! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.