Saturday 9 October 2010

One, Two, Three, Four, Kai

Aaaaah! Friday! I'm so glad it's the weekend - I'm pooped! But that's okay - it pays for my stash (among the bills, of course!).  And I've got new stash this week - including some lovely new papers to give my mojo a boost.  There's nothing quite like a bit of new stash to get the creative juices flowing again, and I must say that I've really needed that this past few weeks.  Hopefully, you'll agree that it's done the trick!

So, meet Kai:


Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'Kai in a Tub'

Papers: October Afternoon, 'Seaside' (what a gorgeous new collection)

Tickets: Made by me!

Isn't he (or she, you choose) just an absolute darling?  This is one of Mo's new images and I adore it - such absolute fun.  Reminds me of Daughter when she was small - she just loved to play in the bath, splishing and splashing. 

I coloured Kai with my Copics, adding extra shading and 'glow' with my Prismas, as always.  And then a bit of glaze over the water, of course - although you can't see it very well in this picture. 

The little tickets are the ones I made in MS Publisher.  They're so easy but so effective (I think) and tons cheaper than buying them, particularly when you need something specific and perhaps not so vintage.

I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with the way this image turned out.  My colouring has been very lack-lustre lately, and I'm sorry that I haven't been showing my best work of late.  But with Kai, I think I'm on my way back and I'm really happy. 

This card will be my entry for the following challenges:

Stamptacular Challenge - At least 5 layers

The Pink Elephant - Childhood

Mo's Digital Pencil - Colours of the rainbow (blue). Congratulations on your first anniversary, girls!

Cute Card Thursday - Make your own embellishments (tickets)

So, it's after midnight and I can feel myself turning into a pumpkin so I'm off to link up and then zzzzzzzzzz.  Easy day tomorrow, thankfully.

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Peri, the image reminds me also of my sons! So cute! You certainly can be happy about your coloring, it's gorgeous. I love your background paper, that is perfect recall of the water theme. Very lovely layering.
    Thank's for playing along with us this week in our Stamptacular Layer-it-on challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Peri! I love the tickets. I just got this sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!! What an adorable image!! I dont think I've seen this one before! Lovely job with your layers and papers too!
    Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular this week!
    Cheers
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peri, I love what you have done with Kai, so funny we chose the same image for the Challenge. She/He is just too cute and great for a blue card!!Love the dp and always fun to get new goodies. I am jealous you have Publisher to make tags, I have to buy mine LOL :) have a great week-end GF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh peri i realy love your card its so beautiful!!!!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, stunning colouring - all the shadowing is just absolutely perfect!! The choice of papers is real good too - and guess who loves those ticket sentiments!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love this Peri, it's just gorgeous!.
    Thanks coming and playing along with us.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Peri

    this card made me smile, splish splash splosh is what I say to my little one every bath time lol, gorgeous colourwork

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally fabulous coloring. I love the little tags, and your design is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing such a fabulous creation with us for our Layer It On Challenge at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Peri. Beautiful colours and such a sweet image!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too CUTE!!! Thanks for sharing your card with us at TPE :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...So sweet and cute! ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.