Tuesday 12 October 2010

'I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas, Just La, La, La, La, La, La, La'

Well, the silly season will soon be upon us - the shops are already gearing up, with crackers and cards and wrapping paper.  It's only October and yet we've started the big count-down. 

Mind you, in Crafty Blogland, we need to be preparing ourselves, don't we?  There are not only cards to make, but there are packaging projects and gift projects and general all-round making of beautiful things.  So, I've started - I've begun my Christmas cards and I must say, I've actually enjoyed making the first few.  How long this will last, I don't know, but at least I've started in the right frame of mind!

And here's one of the first:


Image: Just Inklined, 'Little Church in the Snow'

Papers: Graphic 45

I'm really pleased with this little card - although the image is quite traditional, I think the finished product is actually quite modern and bright. 

This sweet little image was coloured with my Copics, and then I simply laid down some Glamour Dust for the snow.  I punched out some snowflakes, cut them in half and made a little frame for the image and finished off with three holly leaves and a red bow.  Not difficult to do (not even the image) and one that I can reproduce easily - result!

I'm going to enter this in this week's Allsorts challenge, where we are being challenged to make a card based on a song title.  'I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas' would seem most appropriate, don't you think!?

Right, time to link up and get to bed - another busy day tomorrow!

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and lovely card!! Beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card such a great image and i love the snowflakes...x

    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you've coloured the image and framed it, Peri - great card!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely card. the image is fab

    thankyou for joining in with my musically inspired challenge this week @ Allsorts

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.