Thursday 14 October 2010

'Oldies But Goodies' at Karen's Doodles

It's Thursday and that means it's time for another 'Oldies But Goodies' showcase over at Karen's Doodles
This week, I've gone all Christmassy - here's my card:


Image: Karen's Doodles, 'Santa House'

Papers: Pink Petticoat digi paper (spots); Cosmo Cricket

Isn't this an adorable image?  Santa is very lucky to live in such a sweet little cottage. 

I wanted to keep the palette quite light for this one as I didn't want the image to become 'overworked'.  A few pale highlights on the snow helped give a frosty feel, and some 3D glitter gel for the roof and trees completed the look.

I love turqoise/teal/pale blue and red so this combination of DPs works really well for me.  Apparently, it's quite 'in' at the moment, too, if you follow the trends!

Check out the rest of the OBG Team's creations on the Challenge Blog - they're sure to inspire.


And don't forget that we will still be running our weekly challenges on Mondays and this week's challenge is a recipe: 3 embellishments, 2 papers, 1 image.   Why not join in - we'd love to see your creations.


Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

9 comments:

  1. WOW I luv this card it's gorgeous, luv the image & lush papers.

    xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING, Peri! Love your colouring and well... The whole thing!

    Meesh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow Peri you did a fantstic job of colouring this image. It's stunning, a fabulous card
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous - perfect colouring as always!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Peri this is gorgeous! your colourwork is so pretty, I will use this as my reference now whenever I use this image. Gorgeous!!! Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peri, this is a fabulous card, love both of those DP, excellent choice for this image. As always, your coloring is right on, you have given it such a frosty feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Peri! Wow, another stunning Copic masterpiece! YOur coloring is fantastic. Beautiful card.

    Wondering if you could send me your email address? I'm not sure if you've seen that you were chosen as our In the Spotlight designer over at Copic Creations today. I'd love to send you our blinkie for your blog! Yay. (mgiemza@charter.net) Thank you! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautifully evocative of christmas. Cute candy cottage, lots of snow. You can almost hear the elves at work in the basement beavering away making toys.

    Just to say I don't have time to comment on all your lovely work Peri, but I am about to have a good go backwards and catch up with all your lovely inspirting works of art.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.