Saturday 23 October 2010

Home Made for Christmas

I don't know about you, but I love making my own packaging for Christmas.  A nicely made and decorated bag or box can make even the smallest present look impressive.  So I've started today with this adorable little house box:


Template:  Lauren Meader, 'My Timeless Templates' for Papertrey Ink - 'Home Made'

Paper:  Scenic Route

Here's the 'back' of the house - aren't those little dormer windows cute?


The windows are quickly hand-drawn, somewhat wonky (on purpose, honest) windows - the house looks lovely with perfect stamped or measured windows and door but I wanted something a little more casual and quirky.   I've just drawn them on kraft and coloured them with white gel pen. No rulers, no measuring, just wonky!


Here's the 'front' with the top removed.....


and the back!  This would be wonderful filled with biscuits or cake - the sort of gift you might give to neighbours to share with their family.  The box isn't large (only about 6 inches wide/high) but it would make such a pretty little gift.  I shall be making more of these before Christmas - they're so easy, thanks to Lauren's hard work, and I just love the finished product.  I might even make some 'proper' doors and windows!


I used some Snow Writer and glamour dust for a bit of wintery sparkle, just here and there so as not to overwhelm everything.  I may be could have added a little more to the dormers and the peak but, hey, it's okay as it is.
 

And don't you love that roof?  It comes as a digi stamped set with the template - how cool is that?  I've added some extra dimension by shading around the shingles with a warm grey copic. 

This is going to be my entry for this week's Sweet Stampin Challenge, where the theme this week is 'Anything but a card'.- I hope the roof will qualify as the (digi) stamped something.  

Back tomorrow with another Christmas offering - a card this time, though.  And on Monday, I've something special to show you, so don't forget to check back.

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

9 comments:

  1. Peri this is brilliant I love it :O) wonky windows too LOL Joey.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your wonky windows Peri - they are FABULOUS - as is the rest of your house. I have this pattern - must get going on it!!!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous project Peri, you've done a wonderful job on this and as you say, would be ideal as a gift filled with some goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Peri this is a stunner of a project...beautifully made, it gave me a warm christmas fuzzy feeling...thanks for joining in with the Sweet Stampin challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. *claps* this is SO clever! brilliant work!
    Thank you for joining in our challenge at sweet stampin this week
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!!! What a beautifull project you've made!! Thanks for joining us last week at Sweet STampin, I hope you can join us again this week with our sketch challenge? xx Alie

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.