Monday 4 October 2010

Halloween and Fall at Karen's Doodles

Ah! Today I'm so pleased that Blogger has a facility to schedule posts because, with any luck I shall still be in bed snoring when this goes live!  I've taken a day's leave today and I'm hoping to spend most of it either (a) sleeping and/or (b) reading! So 'Good Morning' to all those who are up and at it already!

So, it's time for another super Karen's Doodles Challenge and this week, we're asking to see your 'Fall or Halloween' creations.  Choose whichever you wish and play along with us.

Here's my little bit of inspiration (I hope) for you today:

Image: Karen's Doodles, 'Trick or Tweet'

Papers:  Free digi papers - unfortunately, I can't credit the designer as I've not got the details but aren't they grand!?

First, an apology for the awful photography.  This was taken after dark, which meant artificial light and I simply cannot get the balance right.  So the image looks a little washed out but you'll see it better on the close-up and there's an overall feeling of 'not quite in focus' going on here! Bah! IRL this is a really quite stunning card!

I've used the sketch from the current Friday Sketchers Challenge and this card will be my challenge entry.




As usual, I coloured this great image with my Copics, then used two colours of Prismas (a soft yellow and a deep purple) to add the shading around the birdie. 

So there you have it, and now it's your turn. Use a Karen's Doodles image and show us your Halloween/Fall creations. There will be three winners, as usual:


* 1st place winner of 3 digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles will be awarded by merit. The Design Team members will vote for their favorite entry and the winner will also get a Card of the Week blinkie to display on their blog.

Both 2nd and 3rd place winners will be chosen by Random.org and the prizes will be:

* 2nd place winner - 2 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles.
* 3rd place winner - 1 Digi stamp of your choice from Karen's Doodles.

As always, I shall look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Peri... I just love your card.. Your BG paper is just fab and you coloring your image perfect..Great take on this weeks challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peri, this is beautiful, what great paper, so perfect for this adorable image. As always, your coloring is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Peri this is fantastic, the paper gives a gorgeous effect. Joeyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peri.
    I just adore your card. Beautiful colloring...just makes the image pop out...amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute I love it. Fab colouring.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.