Thursday 7 October 2010

Oldies But Goodies At Karen's Doodles

Happy Thursday everyone and I'm here to bring you some news today.  Karen's Doodles will be showcasing some of the 'Oldies But Goodies' on Thursdays from now on.  And my regular KD's post will now be on a Thursday instead of a Monday, as I'm lucky enough to be on the OBG DT! 

You know how it is - we crafters always like to play with new things and often forget the wonderful old things we have.  And it's just the same with digital images - we're always on the look out for the newest but we forget about our old favourites.  Well, the OBG DT hope to inspire you to dust off and use some of your older Karen's Doodles images. 

So, here's my first OBG card:


Image: Karen's Doodles, 'Sailor Boy'
Papers: Digital papers from Scotty Girl - 'Sail Away'
Ticket: generated on PC

What a darling little image this is and a dream to colour.  The colours of the papers inspired the colour scheme, with a pop of red to lift the whole thing.  I love that little bit of bunting, if I do say so myself!

I put together these little tickets a while ago and I just change the colour and message whenever I like.  They're easy to do (I just used MS Publisher, 'cos I'm used to it) and you can choose whatever message you wish.  Plus, if you print them out on to kraft, they look really nice and antiquey! (Not that I ever do anything nice and antinquey! But hey!)
I coloured this little chap up with my Copics, added some 'glow' with my Prismas and he looks ready to play now!

Check out the rest of the OBG Team's creations on the Challenge Blog

And don't forget that we will still be running our weekly challenges on Mondays and this week the theme is Halloween or Fall, so why not join in - we'd love to see your creations.

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Peri, this is just gorgeous! As always your coloring is perfection and what fabulous paper you used. Love the red flags in the corner, the set the card off wonderfully. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Peri

    this is gorgeous your colourwork just blows me away you have really brought him to life! gorgeous card

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peri.
    Your card takes my breath away.
    You color like no one else.
    You make the image come alive. WAUW. Sometimes I look at something so wonderful that I don´t even know what to say....and your card makes me feel just like that...!!!!!
    You are just so talented.
    Dorte aka dot-scrap

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.