Saturday 2 October 2010

Falling For Sadie

Well, it looks like autumn has arrived here in the UK - the days are shortening, there's a dampness in the air and the leaves are turning.  The Viriginia creeper in my back garden is turning a beautiful shade of russett and that's where my inspiration came from for today's card.

This one will be my entry for the following challenges:

Stamptacular Challenge - Fall colours
Simon Says Stamp - It's Autumn

Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'Sadie with Apples'

Paper: Scenic Route

Wordart: Create with TLC

It was the paper that first inspired me, it has to be said.  I had been looking at the Virginia creeper and then, when I came in and went through my stash, I came across this beautiful sheet of fall leaves - delightful! I love it's bold design and the gorgeous autumn colours. The photograph doesn't really do it justice - I haven't captured the richness of the colours very well.

Then I looked at Sadie, and realised that her skirt reminded me of the points of the creeper leaves and off I went!

I coloured her up with my Copics, of course, and added the usual grounding and glow with my Prismas.  Then I went over the apples with a good coat of my Sakura clear glaze to give them a polished, rosy feel.  Yum - good enough to eat!

Sadie's beautiful curls reminded me so much of Daughter so Sadie became a redhead - very fitting for the time of year!

I cut a window in the front of the card and placed the greeting inside, peeping through.  I love the wordart from 'Create with TLC' - there's lots to choose from and it's all beautifully drawn.

So, an early post for a Saturday morning - we have friends arriving later so I've lots to do.  I think a nice big stew for dinner - perfect for an autumn evening - comfort in a pot!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

7 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous! And I love the colouring of the cute image: beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, great choice of , and the design paper is just so suitable. colours. Thanks for joining us at SSC this week and happy crafting, Gemmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! Perri, such a lovely choice of image inspired by a change of season. Your little Sadie is beautifully colored and showcased. Gorgeous paper.
    Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning colouring. Love her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this image is adorable and your coloring is amazing! I love those colors.
    very lovely card!
    Thank you for joining our "Season's Change" challenge at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Don't you just love all the colors of fall? It's my absolute favorite time of the year!

    Thanks for playing along with us for our Stamptacular Season's Change Challenge! Hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, beautiful image.
    thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.