Monday 15 February 2010

Bellarific Friday - Colour Challenge

So, I got myself all ready this week to enter the Bellarific Friday challenge for the first time. Unfortunately, Stamping Bella's blog seems to be experiencing some problems at the moment, so I couldn't find the details for this week's challenge. Thankfully, Linda Heavens of Heavens Created This (you should check out her blog, it's wonderful!) had posted the details on her blog, so I was at least able to create my Bella whilst my mojo was working.

This is the colour challenge:


Now, this particular one isn't difficult for me - these are some of my favourite colours at the moment and I have several papers I could use that will fit well with the turqoise, orange and pink theme.  I chose 'Ivy Ketto' as my image - she's a little sweetie.  Mind you, I'm not used to working so small; because I use a lot of digi stamps, I can make the images any size I want and I'm out of the habit of working with rubber, at a specific size.  It certainly makes it a challenge to use my Copics!  Anyway, this is the result:



Image: Stamping Bella, 'Ivy Ketto'
Papers: My Minds Eye - part of a pack that was free with one of the craft magazines - I love them.

Isn't she adorable?  I stamped her on to my usual Copic cardstock (which is nothing flash, just cheap stuff bought locally, but it seems to work well) and coloured her up.  I then used my label 3 Nestabilities to cut her out and to cut and emboss a frame in dark turqoise Bazzill.  I then matted a piece of floral My Minds Eye on to a piece of dark orange Bazzill and sewed around it with a straight stitch. Then this whole thing was layered on to another piece of My Minds Eye and finally on to pale turqoise Bazzill. Some more stitching and the base was ready for Ivy Ketto.  I added pink ribbon and a bow, plus a few pink crystals for show and there she is! 

Anyway, I've e-mailed her off (since I seem to remember this is how to enter the challenge, in any event) and hope to see her in the challenge gallery soon.

I'm still waiting for the carpet man to turn up so I've plenty of time to make something else!  Yaaaay! I'll be back later with the next creation.

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.