Thursday 25 February 2010

It's Mo Time!

This is my second post today, but I couldn't wait until tomorrow to post a new Mo! Obviously, it's Mo's Digital Challenge time again and this week's challenge (the last one set by Dawn Burnworth and the final one in the DT call) is a sketch:


Wooo, when I first saw this layout I was taken aback and wondered if my mojo would be up to the task. But I'm very happy to say that, in fact, this was an easy card in the end!


Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'Mummu and Me'
Papers: Cosmo Cricket, 'Garden Variety'

Of course, darling Mummu had to be the star again and this image makes me smile.  It reminds me so much of fun times with my grandmother and evokes so many happy memories.  So this was a happy card to make, even though Grandma isn't with us any more.  She would have been so thrilled to see all my recent creations.

I needed to use 'happy' papers with this image so I chose Cosmo's 'Garden Variety' for its bright colours and simple patterns.  I coloured a little flower button with yellow Copic and edged it in red to make it pop. 

I coloured this image with my Copics - I'm very proud of myself because this was my first large image with them.  They give such lovely depth of colour.  The paper I've used was another brilliant find at my local paper outlet.  It is supersmooth and takes the Copics better than anything else I've ever tried.  It has a faint narrow stripe on the surface (although it isn't textured) which gives an illusion of wall/floor surfaces under the Prismacolor 'glow'.  I shall have to hurry back and stock up on this one, too, before they sell out.  They've some brilliant papers in stock at the moment and I'm such a paper freak!  My mum and I call ourselves 'The Paperstrokers' - we soooo love paper.  In fact, it's a wrench having to use my favourites to make cards sometimes.  Both mum and I find a strange sort of mesmerising comfort from just looking through our paper collections - all the pretty colours and patterns - very soothing (and slightly worrying, actually, now I've written it down!). 

I'm so glad I managed to get this made and photographed before the light fades today as I'm anxious to get it linked up over at Mo's Digital Challenge.  So, I'm off to see if Mr Linky is still playing nice.

Happy crafting.

Photobucketxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Your use of Copics is wonderful! You are a pro. Thanks for sharing this with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peri this is so sweet. I love your coloring. I am really glad you played today.. This is perfect for the sketch..Thanks for joining Mo's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peri, love your coloring as always, Mummu is wonderful no matter what she is doing. Good Luck and thanks for playing the Mo's Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.