Sunday 14 February 2010

Pure Innocence and The 'Envelobox'

Happy Valentine's Day!  That means we're already half way through February 2010 and time is passing quickly.  I notice that all the shops now have copious amounts of Easter eggs for sale and, of course, Mother's Day gifts and cards.  I don't know about you, but I sometimes feel a little bullied by the retail industry into moving at their pace, not my own.  This was particularly so when Daughter was younger - I didn't want to buy school uniform in June, when she hadn't even finished the school year;  I wanted to buy it in August, a month before she went back to school, when she'd done her summer growing.  But no, the retailers said we had to buy it in June or July and by the time August came around, the shops were bare and full of the first Christmas supplies of the year.  Oh hum, I'm turning into a grumpy old lady.

But one thing that doesn't make me grumpy is the wonderful work of Heather Ellis, creator of the Pure Innocence stamp/digi stamp range.  Who could fail to be captivated by these little cuties?  So today's card is Pure Innocence 10, and what a sweetheart she is.


Image: Pure Innocence 10, Heather Ellis
Papers: Cosmo Cricket, 'Earth Love'

I coloured this little cutie with my Copics, layered her on to brown Earth Love and then onto a pearlised salmony-pink.  I used my Martha Stewart edge punch to pretty up a piece of brown card, added a couple more strips of Earth Love and a big satin bow before laying the lot on a background of Earth Love salmon-pink pebbles.  A final button flourish and there she is.  So sweet.

Despite having a lazy Sunday, I found time today to write up the template and instructions for the little box I made yesterday to hold the set of vintage cards.  I've decided to call it my 'Envelobox'.

This template isn't a 'print and make' template, however, because I wanted to give you the ability to change this template to match any size of card you want. Here's the basic idea: 


I've also produced some proper instructions (which are a bit long to post here) and you can get these by following this link

The great thing about this template is that it can be used for any size of card by applying some simple rules for measurement.  It could be used, as I did, to make a holder for a set of cards; it could also be used as an envelope for a 3-dimensional or heavily-embellished card, as long as it is made from sturdy cardstock. It would work equally well to hold a set of coasters or a chocolate bar - you choose!

Let me know if you like it by leaving a comment - better yet, let me see what you've made with the template.

Right, it's time for a bit of TV, a cup of tea and bed.

Happy crafting.
Photobucket

1 comment:

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.