Friday 12 February 2010

TGIF!

Wooooo! It's the weekend and, boy, am I glad!  We're both pooped, OH and I, and in need of some well-earned rest.  It's going to be a lazy weekend - bacon butties for breakfast, plenty of reading and a couple of good films.  I know it's Valentine's Day on Sunday but, to be honest, love is always in the air in this household and we tend not to pay too much attention to the day itself any more.  We will make a nice dinner together and just enjoy each other's company - the way we do most days, truth be told.  Old marrieds now, you see!

Of course, no matter how lazy the weekend is supposed to be, I shall be making something - perhaps some boxes this time.  I feel a need to make 3D!  I've an idea to make a box of small cards as a gift for friends we haven't seen for a while - just six cards, or so, in a pretty box. 

I should get some time to take some photographs over the weekend too - I've got projects I haven't photographed yet because I find it difficult during the winter months to photograph in daylight during the week.  It still gets dark too early for it to be viable when I get home from work and I can't seem to get the lighting right using artificial light. So, I'd better get making and photograph taking!

Just wanted to quickly post a potential Mother's Day card tonight. 


Image: free vintage image from Digital Two for Tuesday
Papers: Digital scrapbooking papers by Correen Silke, 'Tea on Tuesdays', available from Computerscrapbook.com

You should check out Computerscrapbook.com, if you like digital papers. They have a huge range of beautiful papers to choose from, all of which are free at the moment.

I coloured this image using my Prismacolors - I coloured only the lady and the chair, to keep the focus on the main part of this beautiful image.  I really like this card - it is so simple yet so elegant and perfect for Mother's Day. I love these vintage images, too - watch out for a few more popping up over the coming weeks.

Right, it's time for book and bed, methinks, to prepare myself for my lazy weekend!

Happy crafting.

Photobucketxx

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone in your photography lighting struggles! The only place I can seem to get the light right is--one of our bathrooms AND then only with about a half-hour window (hmmm....not "punny"! :0 ) in the early morning! Really limits things, like it does for you! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.