Wednesday 17 February 2010

Daring Card Makers Friday Challenge

Well, I've done really well this week and entered more challenges than I thought I had time for.  That extra day off came in handy and I've thoroughly enjoyed spending time creating. 

This week's Daring Cardmaker's challenge is 'Have a Heart'.  All entries must include a heart somewhere - big, small, the main focal point or less obvious, it doesn't matter as long as it's there.  This was pretty easy for me, really, as most of the Pure Innocence digi stamps have a little heart somewhere, so it was an obvious choice to use yet another of these little sweeties - and here it is, with three hearts, for good measure:


Image: Helen Ellis, 'Pure Innocence 1'
Papers: Cosmo Cricket
Additions: Lomiac Card Layer LL2108 (see below)

I coloured her with my Copics and cut her out with my square Nestabilities; I left the square in the die and sponged on some light blue chalk.  She was then matted on to blue and the sentiment was attached.

Now this is a slight departure from my usual cards because I have used a card layer as part of the layout.  I'd never come across these card layers before, nor the company who makes them, Lomiac; I bought these on a whim at a little craft shop in Whitby, Daisy Crafts, which is in the covered market. Each pack contains five ready cut A6 card layers (usually in white or cream only) and I just wanted to 'have a go' with them, really.  This one is probably over-glittered, now I look at it again, and I should have kept it plain I think but, hey ho, it's not a disaster, by any means.  Unfortunately, it appears from their website that Lomiac don't sell directly to the public, so you would have to find out where they are available locally, if you wanted to get hold of some.  Alternatively, the contact details for Daisy Crafts can be found here.  They only stock a few of the designs but it's worth a try.  I think these were about £2.00 per pack, so they're not cheap, but I'm glad I bought some. 

I covered the blank part of the card layer with patterned paper and matted that part only on to dark green cardstock.  The whole thing was then layered on to a base of blue.  I added glitter (toooo much!) and a bow and there she is - ready to go. 

Back later with more - I'm obviously on a roll!

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card. Love the sweet image. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just so darling! I love the image and the card layer is a great idea. Thanks for sharing the love with DCM this week:)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.