Sunday 21 February 2010

Two Challenges, One Project

Over the last few months of blogging, I have learnt so much and I'm delighted with my blogging progress so far.  And I must (immodestly) admit that I think there is real progress with the stuff I'm creating, too.  I've gone from simple colouring and layouts to using my Prismacolors, and now my Copics, to much greater effect.  I've learnt how to use designer papers more effectively and to practice with layouts.  I think, more than anything, I've learned not to be afraid to have a go. 

One of the biggest things for me has been being brave enough to enter the online challenges and I've not only had fun creating my entries but had the most amazing feedback from all you wonderful Crafty Bloglanders.  I can't begin to tell you how much it means to receive your lovely comments and a big thank you to you all.

And now I'm learning to combine challenges, although I don't think I'll ever submit one item for more than two challenges - that way I can make sure I'm hitting the mark, as it were, with the challenge requirements.  My brain would explode if I had to take more than two challenges into account, I think!

So, today's post is a project I have made for both the Little Red Wagon challenge and the Raise The Bar challenge this week.  Little Red Wagon wanted us to use ribbon (not a problem at all!) and Raise The Bar, the crafty devils, 'barred' us (get it?!) from using any stamps whatsoever.  Scary!

This is what I came up with:




Sentiment:  my own, I think, printed along with the digital papers.

Papers:  construction in digital papers from MJV Forever Memories (and I'm sorry, I don't know where I downloaded it from) and from Correen Silke's 'Tea on Tuesday' from Computerscrapbook.com.

Flowers made by layering various flowers cut from a Making Memories paper.

Without a doubt, this is a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with!  I don't know how it came to me (and I apologise if I have absorbed it by 'blogmosis' without realising it) but it is so true.


The inside chocolate holder was created following the basic concept of the 'Pull Up Treats' tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers.  I've been using variations on this theme for months now as it is a really lovely way to make a bar of chocolate into a lovely little gift.  So I used this as a basis for the above project.  Obviously, there's plenty of ribbon there (although most of it is hidden, I'll grant you) and there's no stamping at all.  The sentiment was printed along with the digital papers, using MS Publisher to facilitate placement, etc. I just touched up the white text on the outside flap to make it stand out a little more, as there was some minor bleeding with the dark brown colour.
So, two challenges with one project and I'm a very happy bunny.

Back soon with a couple of sketch challenge entries.

Happy crafting.
Peri xx

PS: 'Blogmosis' - absorbing ideas from other people's blogs without realising it and reproducing them thinking that you are a genius for coming up with them!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous project Peri! Love everything about it!
    :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Peri!! This is so cute and yummy and well deserving of a win on Little Red Wagon......I'd say your MoJo's back for sure, and is a force to be reckoned with, lol!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE how unique this creation is! The colors are awesome and the layout .. PERFECT!! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar! I look forward to seeing more of your creations in the weeks to come!!
    AND, if you're interested I have blog candy up for grabs on MY BLOG. Please feel free to pop on over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, love all the flowers you've created, and the sentiment is definately true.

    Love the idea and definition of 'Blogmosis':)

    Thank you for joining us at Raise the Bar, hope to see you again next week :)

    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is so cool. I love that it is an inside out card..The inside is as pretty as the outside.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.