Sunday 28 February 2010

'Here Comes The Sun'

This week, Daring Cardmakers are challenging us to create 'cards full of reds and oranges and yellows - or with lots of circles on them - or rays - anything that says sunshine to you!'  And they are right, we seem to have been in winter for so long this time and we are all desperate for spring to be sprung, aren't we? 

I'm in love, as always, with Cosmo Cricket and their new release 'Garden Variety'.  The bold fresh colours scream spring and summer sunshine so it seemed only right that these should be the basis of my sunshine card:


Image: Heather Ellis, 'Pure Innocence 6'
Papers: Cosmo Cricket, 'Garden Variety'

This little darling was coloured with my Copics - ain't she a sweetie!?  I cut her out with my square Nestabilities and added a scalloped square in red to make her pop.  I used some nice red stitching on the layers (note to self, learn to stitch in a straight line!) and a big red bow.

So, I'm off to link her up, before I forget (which has been known).

Happy crafting.

Photobucketxx

3 comments:

  1. Peri this is absolutely adorable - as you can tell I am a big cosmo cricket fan too. Thanks for sharing the sunshine with DCM this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that big bow. A lovely sunshine card. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely papers and big bow, and the image is so cute. :)xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.