Thursday 27 May 2010

To Big Boy School We Go ...La, La

(Insert theme to 'The Twilight Zone' here) The strangest thing happened this evening.  I coloured up a new image and went ahead and made it into a card, intending it to be a DT card as opposed to a challenge card.  Then as I was going through the new Thursday challenges a little later tonight, I came across the sketch challenge on Papertake Weekly and, boy, my head nearly fell off!  The card I had made was almost identical to the sketch. 

Here's the card I finished today - spoooooooky!



Image: Mo's Digital Pencil 'Harvard'; Colouring Page Tuesdays, Elizabeth O Dulemba, 'Back to School Books'

Papers: October Afternoon, 'Report Card' collection.

I know this isn't absolutely spot on but the basic sketch is still recognisable so I'm going to enter the challenge - what a rebel I am!!!!

It seems so long ago now that I waved off my little girl to 'big school' - in another couple of years she'll be teaching in the classroom, not learning.  They grow up so quickly and even though I'm as proud as proud can be of my beautiful, talented and all-round wonderful Daughter, she'll always be my baby.  Aaaah!

So, here's 'Harvard', one of the latest of Mo's images, who has friends called 'Oxford', 'Trinity' and 'Smith', and you will never find any cuter foursome anywhere.  These little darlings are all ready for school and will be teacher's pet by the end of the first day!

Coloured with my Copics and shaded with Prismas, this little guy was an absolute joy to work on.  And the Report Card papers were just the thing to set him off on his way. 

I don't know about you but I always associated starting (back) to school with buying new stationery, pens and pencils, sharpeners, erasers and all manner of cool new things for my pencil case.  Daughter used to love the back to school routine of dawdling around the stationers too.  So I thought this card might be a good way to give the recipient a bit of stationery overload:



Instead of sticking a gift card envelope to the inside left of the card, I thought it would be quite cool to stick it in the middle this time.  I'm so pleased with how it turned out.  If you want to know how, just leave me a comment and  I'll see if I can get a tutorial together.

This is actually my Dream Team card this week too so I'm going to link up before I fall asleep at my computer!
Happy crafting.
Photobucket
xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautifull!!
    These litlle boy is soo cute :)
    hugs Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peri, this card is so cute and I love the idea of the gift card inside. Please could you tell us how you did it. This image from Mo is sooooo gorgeous. I'm thinking I have to have it but not sure who I could use it for...I don't know many young school age kids :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peri

    I love this beautiful card
    I love the boy with his books it's really lovely
    great card

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peri, this is beautiful and I love your colouring. The papers are perfect for this gorgeous little fellow.

    Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peri, LOVE your coloring and your layouts and dp are always perfect. I can't believe I hadn't signed up as a follower before but I just did. Keep up the great work. Isn't it exhilerating to be Asked to be a GD, you so deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card :-) The image is lovely and the papers and colours you used are fab ! ,,, how weird that you just happened to make a card following Dawny's Sketch !!

    thanks for joining the PTW Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.