Friday 28 May 2010

From Your Guest Bartender

Today is my second time as a guest designer with Raise The Bar and I'm delighted to have been chosen again.  There's nothing quite like the buzz of knowing that your work is appreciated by someone other than family and friends, who, let's face it, have it written into their contract that they must adore every project you make! 

This week RTB have a sketch challenge - nice and simple and open to lots of interpretations. 

I realised that it's a long time since I have created a 'vintage' card and I can't remember when I last made a card that wasn't all coloured up. So I thought that this simple layout should be my inspiration and off I went to see what I could come up with - hope you like it:





Image: Little Grey Bungalow (a brilliant source of vintage images)

Papers: V&A Collection; Cosmo Cricket

I love these beautiful V&A Collection papers - they have a finely laid linen finish and are perfect for the style of this card. 

The McCall Pattern image is one of many that Little Grey Bungalow can offer - you really should take a look if you're a vintage fan - and it sits perfectly with this little strip of tape measure from Cosmo Cricket's 'Material Girl' collection.




A beautiful big pearl button and a 'tailor-made' ('scuse the pun) sentiment and it was finished.  Just like that! I'm really pleased with it - it's hard to break the colouring habit once you're in the zone and it was nice to do something different for a change.  I shall definitely have to break my mould more often, although I have to say I find it very hard to ignore my beckoning digi stamps!

So, hop over the Raise The Bar, check out the samples and get making - you never know, you could be Guest Bar Tender next week!

Happy crafting.

Photobucketxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Peri,gorgeous card,I like your work,so I sign in to be your follower so I wont mis anything.
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peri, love the vintage sewing theme. Thanks for the link. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love this! the sewing themed things that are so popular right now are some of my faves. now mind you, I can't sew at all, but I love them just the same! grins!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.