Wednesday 12 May 2010

Helping Mum - Isabella's Challenge #7

Good morning all, and here we are for this week's Isabella's Challenge, where we have been challenged to make a card using all or some of the colours in Isabella's Challenge Blog banner:


What a lovely array of colours we have to choose from!  So, without further ado, here's my 'take':

Image: Isabella's Sketchbook, 'Mother's Helper'

Papers: October Afternoon, 'Thrift Shop'

I wanted to use all the colours I could so I needed an image where this was possible and realistic.  'Mother's Helper' was perfect and so sweet.  Again, I wanted the image to be the real focal point, so I've only used two DPs and a very simple layout, which I think works very well.

I coloured her up with my Copics and, as usual, added some shading with my Prismas. 

This so reminds me of baking with my mum when I was small, although our favourite make was scones (Dad's favourite).  There's nothing quite like a fresh fruity scone with lashings of butter (how naughty)!  It's still one of my favourites, although I don't get round to baking very much these days.  Daughter seems to have got the baking gene, though - she's a real whizz at cakes and cupcakes. In fact, she made our wedding cake last year, and it was absolutely fabulous.  The sponge was light and scrumptious and the decoration was just perfect:


Didn't she do an amazing job? 

Anyway, proud mother moment aside, come and join us at Isabella's Challenge this week and let us see how you use these colours in your project.  Remember, your entry must use an Isabella's Sketchbook image so hop over to her store and have a look at all the beautiful images you can choose from.  The prize this week is two digi stamps from Isabella's Sketchbook and a beautiful 'I Won' badge for your blog.  But remember, you have to be in it to win it!! Can't wait to see your creations. 



Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Peri, super job on this challenge. I love the crisp bold look you have achieved with the black polka dotted paper. Your coloring is just magnificant - LOVE that image and the way you have brought her to life.

    And that cake is totally AMAZING. Your DD is very talented too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peri, I am in awe. This is truly beautiful and the DP really makes things pop. Your DD has skills as that cake is stunning. Have a great rest of the week even though you have gray skies and cool weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is in the class of your own and I agree, it was a good idea to leave the rest of the card simple to let the image shine!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation of this colour challenge and what great stories to go with the beautifully coloured image you used. Your daughter did a fabulous job on the cake. All that food talk is making me hungry:)
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Peri! Your colouring is SOOOOOO good! The image definitely pops on a simple background. I love to bake too...! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Peri, I love your colouring and that cake is fantastic.

    Jcakie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Peri, and what a stunning cake ! Obviously crafting talent runs in the family. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peri, your coloring is just perfect! It's so soft and realistic. This is exactly the coloring that I am so eager to learn. You really bring your images to life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super card Peri. Lovely colouring again. This pic also brings back memories of licking out the bowl when my Mom did her baking. My sister and I used to argue who would get the bowl and who would get the wooden spoon. We'd have to take turns...lol

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.