Sunday 16 May 2010

Birthday Boo-boo!

Well, I'm definitely losing my marbles.  Yesterday I sat and followed the Allsorts birthday blog hop (which is great, by the way - you should take a look if you haven't already.  Lots of candy to be won!).  I had intended to upload my entry and then link to all the blogs on the way - which I thought I had done.  Unfortunately, because I'm as mad as a box of frogs at the moment, I didn't post my entry first!  In my defence, I was interrupted just as I was about to do it and fully believed that I had done so when the (long) interruption was over.  So I now have to remedy this situation before I get a reputation as the worst blogger ever!

In celebration of Allsorts' first birthday, their challenge this week is, of course, 'Birthday'.  And here it is:


Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'Daddy's Girl (without the ball!)'

Papers: Scenic Route, 'Sumner Scrap Strip 2'

Woooo - how cute is she?  Reminds me of myself when I was young - I was a real daddy's girl, and used to love 'helping' him in his many DIY tasks, holding hammers and bringing screwdrivers. 

Of course, I coloured this little darling with my Copics and added 'glow' and grounding with my Prismas.  (Gosh, that sentence is becoming sooooo repetitive!)

I love these papers by Scenic Route - they are strips of co-ordinating patterns on one 12 x 12 page - pefect for layering (and squaring, as here).  The collections are brilliant - I shall definitely have to get more.  This particular one, though, is my favourite - fantastic combination of teal and olive - mmmmmmmmm.  There's also a scrumptious olive, teal and brown - OMG, it's like colour heaven for me!

I'm going to enter this one in a new challenge too - new to me, that is.  Sketch Girl has a brilliant sketch this week - I don't think I've ever created a 'squared' background like this before, and with the Scenic Route papers, it works wonderfully well, because all the co-ordination and paper choice is done for you, really.

I've been colouring like mad this weekend so I'll have a few cards to show you over the next few days.  It's about time I got some challenge cards sorted! Unfortunately, work beckons tomorrow, just as I'm in 'the zone'!


Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

15 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Allsorts 1st Birthday Blog hop

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peri, this is gorgeous, fantastic image.
    Thanks for joining in the fun at ALLSORTS this week, good luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he! I posted a card on my blog yesterday but forgot to publish it! Duh! Think we're all losing the plot!
    Gorgeous card as always Peri, I love your colouring, and some of my fav colours too! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a fantastic card. Thank you for joining in our Allsorts celebration this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lose my marbles on a daily basis.. Very frustrating. It seems to be getting worse. Hehe. This is ADORABLE... I love your coloring. It is out of this world. Such a sweet Mo card.. Great job Peri.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Bet it was a male who did the interrupting! If so, you have my sympathies. I think they sit and wait until they know we are fully involved in something then suddenly have these dire needs for silly things-like q-tips?!
    Been there...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Peri

    I could join you in the 'mad' club, so you are not alone.

    You have coloured the image beautifully and the shading is brill.

    Thank you for joining in Allsorts Birthday celebrations. Good luck with all the draws.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Your coloring is astounding! I'm always in awe of you ladies that color so wonderfully. Thank you for playing with us at Sketch Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the cutest card... I love Mo's Pencil images and thanks for joining is at the Sketch Girl Challenge ....

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card! You are right, this is the perfect way to use up that great striped PP. Thanks for playing along with Sketch Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great card and an adorable image! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you did with the sketch. Beautiful card. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! Love the papers and the "glow" around her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful copic work! Love the paper. Scenic route comes out with some nice stuff....my favourite to date is the Ashville collection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card Peri! Love the image and how you colored her.
    SG Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.