Monday 17 May 2010

Men and Their Toys!

It's said that boys don't grow up, they just get older!  I don't know how true this is but I know so many men who just love their toys, gadgets and stuff!  So I was delighted when Mo Manning of Mo's Digital Pencil introduced 'Game On', a brilliant man image for our men with toys!

I've been very lucky again that several recent challenges (last week and this week) just happen to be right for this card, so here's my challenge list:

Little Red Wagon:   Brads
Stamping for the WeekendA card for a male
Our Creative Corner: Male birthday

And here's my offering:

Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'Game On'

Papers: October Afternoon (stripes) and Bo Bunny Basics (spots)

So, hands in the air - how many of us know this guy?  This is such a brilliantly observed image - even down to the wrinkled socks and manic stare!

I printed this image out at a fairly large size - 13 cm square - so that I had a chance to get some good clear detail coloured in.  So this card is pretty big - but I'm so pleased with the way it turned out.  I wanted plain but punchy and I think that's what I achieved with the relatively simple layout and bright colours. 
Of course, I coloured him with my Copics and used my Prismas to add some shading (just couldn't bring myself to use 'that' sentence again!).  I paper-pieced his chair in a manly check and added some subtle shading for a bit of life.  There's a strong light source on this one - straight from the screen!  And I've given him some dark circles around his eyes - he deserves them!  
I'm having terrible trouble with my blog post layout at the moment - all of a sudden it seems that Blogger doesn't want to let me put my pictures where I want them to be!  So if there are large gaps between paragraphs and such, please forgive me - 'snot my fault (stamps feet)!  If anyone else has had the same problems, please let me know if you've managed to fix it 'cos I don't know what to do (hangs head and cries). 

I'm  off to play with Mr Linky now, then it's off to bed before I turn into a pumpkin again.
Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

5 comments:

  1. this is fantastic!!! i remember a sign i saw once that said " the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card for a boy / men

    karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing.... had to pop over from FB and say... stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card what fabulous colouring

    Thanks for joining Allsorts 1st Birthday blog hop

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great card for the masculine gender:-) tfs and joining us at OCC!

    Hugs, Julie.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.