Wednesday 19 May 2010

It's Isabella Time!

Gosh, this week has gone by so quickly and here we are at the next challenge.  This week we have challenged you to create a birthday card using an Isabella's Sketchbook image, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.  Isabella has plenty of lovely images to choose from, so any type of birthday can be catered for!  Why not pop over to her store and take a look around?

This week I decided to do something a little different. I have an elderly friend who loves flowers and so I decided to make her birthday card for this challenge (she'll be thrilled it's 'on the internet'!).  So I went for a simple image that I could use in a different way:


Image: Isabella's Sketchbook, 'Flower Ring 1' and 'Journal Block 2'

Papers: Bo Bunny Basics; October Afternoon scraps

This delicate floral ring is just right for my DF.  I decided to stick mainly with three colours - pink, green and lemon - for the whole card, and thought a shadow box card would be just a lovely way to show off this sweet image.

Here's a photograph taken at a slight angle, so that you can see what the card actually looks like:

I backed the window with some dotty glittered vellum over a piece of deep cream card, and threaded some ribbon through from side to side so that the ring looks as though it is floating in the window (although, to be truthful, it does have a little help from some hidden sticky pads!).

As well as the floral ring, I used the blank journalling block to frame my greeting.  I made more flowers for the frame (with my EK Success retro flower punches) and finished it all off with pretty pink bow in the middle.

This is far from my usual style but not only is it good to step outside my comfort zone now and then, I shall also have the pleasure of knowing that I made a card that my friend will love.

Now it's your turn.  We can't wait to see your birthday cards and we genuinely love to visit your beautiful blogs and share some (paper) love! Remember, you could win two images from Isabella's store and the beautiful 'I Won' at Isabella's badge for your blog.

And for more inspiration, why not hop over to Isabella's Challenge blog to see what gorgeous scrumminess my dream team friends have to show you. 

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

12 comments:

  1. THUD! that my jaw hitting the desk!! I didnt realize from our challenge blog that this was also a shadow box card!! stunning - can just see the love you put into this for your friend!! your flowers are incredible
    and lovin the sentiment frame! just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Peri and what an unusual lay-out, never seen anything like this before! Really wow! Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card
    I like the wreath of flowers

    karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, what a gorgeous fold, very effective and looks like it might be do-able even for a clueless ones like myself! Beautiful colouring!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours and all the dimension. FABULOUS!!!
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peri this is beautiful! Very different for you but you've absolutely pulled it off! I'm sure it will be loved by your elderly friend! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous creation!! The shadow box design is so fresh and interesting and your color combo is so lovely. Everything about this is just so beautiful. I think this is just one of those images you have to see colored - now I want this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And...a tutorial on this one, too, please! Awesome! Blessings, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Peri, your card is just beautiful!! I love the way you made it look like a window! You alway pick such stunning colors for your cards! The pearls make it such a feminine card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Peri, I love the window you've created. Stunning ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peri, this card is stunning! I love your flowers and putting them on the outside of a shadow box card is delightful! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peri...what an amazing card! This is so creative and so beautiful. What a really cool design...love the shadow box look! ;D Diana Q

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.