Wednesday 19 May 2010

Let's Dance

One of the things I most miss since my rheumatoid arthritis arrived is dancing.  I can no longer salsa because there is too much pressure on my knees and feet and, besides which, I'm usually too darned tired!  Daughter dances - brilliantly, I have to say  - and I do miss our salsa evenings.  Still, now I have my crafting instead and I'm happier than ever, so I guess we adapt, eh?

When I saw this image the other day I just had to have it because it was just so perfect for a card I had in mind, so I'm entering this one in this week's 'Raise The Bar' challenge, which is 'yellow, gray and white'.

 Image: Karen's Doodles, 'Tango'

Papers: October Afternoon

Tools: Martha Stewart punch (though I'm sorry I can't recall the 'pattern')

Isn't this image just wonderful?  I immediately pictured it coloured just like this and I'm delighted with how it turned out.  Coloured with my Copics, of course, and shaded with my Prismas, the image seemed to come alive in front of my eyes.  I love it! 

Grey, yellow and white is such a classic combination, don't you think?  I particularly love these spotty papers from October Afternoon, although it did take me a while to decide on the layout.  I played for ages before settling for this one and even then, I wasn't 100% sure. But now I see it posted, it looks just fine.  The big silver bow definitely adds some lux and that little shot of red in the rose really does wonders.

I think this one would make a wonderful anniversary card, particularly as I have added a little tag, which reads 'Amour' (love), which you can just see poking out from behind the bow.  I think it might be right for my parents, who celebrate their 48th anniversary this year (wow!).  They met when my dad played piano is a small dance band (and very dapper he looked!) and they've been dancing together ever since.

So, bed time again - this week is rocketing by!  Not that I'm complaining, you understand.  It'll be the weekend before I know it!

Happy crafting.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love how vibrant your colours are on this card- great use of the RTB challenge :) Your shading is incredible- I've been meaning to try layering pencils over my Copics, but haven't gotten there yet! Fab card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh be still my heart! This is sooo beautiful Peri! I love this image, I am a huge fan of ballroom dancing. ;) Wonderful colors and shading - I have never seen an overlay done with prismas!! I must research this now as it makes a huge difference with depth! Thank you for joining in our color challenge at Raise The Bar this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! This is YUMMY!!! Great card, fab image and the colouring is amazingly perfect. Have to get some prismas methinks. Off to have a nosey around your blog.

    Jenny T.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.