Tuesday 11 May 2010

Good Morning World!

We have so many ways of staying in touch with the world these days, what with the internet, Facebook, Twitter, Hotmail, etc.  I find it quite hard to keep up and, to be honest, I'd still rather pick up a phone and speak to someone than trawl through Facebook to see what they're up to.  And Twitter - well, don't get me started.  I don't think I'll ever 'get' the idea at all!

However, that said, I'm so glad to see that Mo Manning is now beginning to push her Facebook fan page, as this will open doors to even more crafters, who may not yet be aware of her amazing work.  In order to encourage us to follow her Facebook page, Mo offered a freebie for two days to all her FB fans and, of course, I was more than willing to follow Mo anywhere!  Here's what I've done with the freebie:

Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, Facebook freebie, 'Checking FB' (now available at Mo's store, here)

Papers: Cosmo Cricket, various

I'd love to be able to say that this glamour puss closely resembles me in a morning, but I'd be lying.  The only thing we have in common is our attachment to our computers! I think she is wonderful - such a brilliant idea for an image.

I paper-pieced her dressing gown and the bed/sofa then coloured up the rest with my Copics and Prismas.  She was a delight to colour and paper-piecing really gives some choice for a pretty dressing gown.


Before starting, I had a quick look for an appropriate sketch challenge and used the current Card Patterns Saturday sketch for the layout.  I also wanted to use the pink and green theme from this week's Little Red Wagon, although I've now missed the deadline (again) - I must remember to adjust my challenge calendar!  Mind you, in my defence, I've not been well for a few days now (usual stuff) so I haven't really been in the swing of things.  But, as teacher would say, 'Must try harder'!

I still have my DP2 Challenge card to do so I'd best scuttle off and colour a bit more.  That means, of course, that there'll be a double post today, so that I don't miss another deadline. 

Oh, and before I go, I'm delighted to say that I am this week's Featured Designer at Project Tuesday, with my sewing box.  Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments on this project - I'm so glad you all liked it 'sew' much!

Happy crafting.
 Photobucketxx

2 comments:

  1. You have done beautiful job. Great colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Peri -- this is FAB!! I LOOOOVE her bathrobe!!! xoxoMo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.