Saturday 23 January 2010

One Tequila .....

... Well, we all know the rest, don't we?  And I could think of no better image to use for my sister-in-law's birthday card that Bugaboo's Ruby Tequila, which I absolutely love!



I'm really happy with this one: it's another that almost made itself.  My sister-in-law is a fabulous interior decorator and has such an eye for colour and I think this card is really well colour-toned. And this particular combination of colours is one of my favourites.

Image: Bugaboo Ruby Tequila
Papers: Crate Paper (green/circles) and Cloud 9 'Finley's Estate' collection (background floral).  This particular paper (as with quite a few Cloud 9 papers) has some glazed elements, which give it a lovely 'pop'.  The photograph doesn't pick that up too well, but it's lovely 'in the flesh', so to speak.

I coloured Ruby with my watercolour markers and her skin tones were added with my Prismacolors, which I also used to add some background shading/grounding.  I added a little Sakura glaze to her glass (and to her glasses) and a couple of star-shaped gems to her earrings, just for a bit of bling. 

I wanted to put the sentiment on the front but I couldn't find a place where it sat well.  So I'm just letting Ruby do the talking!

It's been a bit of a boring old day - I can't use my hands very well at the moment so colouring was out of the question today.  Mind you, I did manage to get to my hair appointment and I now have short hair again (I grew it last year for the wedding), which will be much easier for me to take care of and I shall no longer be 'The Wild Woman of Borneo'!  Mind you, it's rather odd - I keep forgetting that I have short hair and then I'll catch a glimpse in the oven door or bathroom mirror and get a shock.  I hope I get used to it soon.

I was able to make some little treat boxes today though - watch out for a post later in the week, when I've had time to photograph them. They're from a really easy template and are not too fiddly to put together so they (mostly) satisfied today's creative urge.

Unfortunately, one of my printers has just given up the ghost and, at the same time, my 'good' printer has run out of one of the ink cartridges and will not print until it is replaced.  Aaaaaarrrrggghhhh! I have no printer - this is not a good situation.  Will have to see if I can persuade my OH to take me to PC World tomorrow (we aren't supposed to be doing anything tomorrow - relaxing Sunday and all that) to buy replacement cartridges.  I'm lost without a printer. How will I print my Mo's? And I have other projects in mind that I will definitely need the printer for, and soon.

When my hands are a bit better I think I shall stamp some Bellas - aah, how I love those ladies. I need some birthday cards in my stash and Bellas are less time consuming than Mo's.  Of course, as they are rubber stamps, not digital ones, a clean image does rather depend on my hands working properly - there's nothing worse than a smudged image, is there?  I'm going to the hospital on Monday and I expect they'll jab my bottom with some potion or the other to try and get the symptoms back under control so, hopefully, I'll start to see an improvement over the next week. 

Anyway dear Bloglanders, it is getting late and I'm just at a crucial part in my bedtime book, so I shall go and wrap up in the duvet and see what denouement the author has come up with. 

Happy crafting.
Px

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.