Sunday 4 April 2010

Miss One, Enter Four!

Despite my best endeavours, I have managed to miss the deadline for Magical Crafts Fortnightly Challenges - bah!  I thought I had until midnight tonight (and I'm pushing that deadline, even) but Mr Linky closed at 12.00 noon instead.  Oh well, I'll try to catch it next time.

All is not lost, however, as this project was made with other challenges in mind too - quite a list of them, in fact.

Cupcake Craft Challenge - 'Spring or Easter ... with lots of chocolate'
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Open theme
Little Red Wagon - 'Rolling into Spring'
Crafty Creations - 'Anything goes'

Papers: Acetate; Bazzill cardstock; Cosmo Cricket scraps for flowers.

Tools: EK Success Retro Flower punches; Martha Stewart Scallop & Dot border punch; Floral Punch leaf spray.

Here is my chocolate Easter bunny box.  A well-known chocolatier (beginning with 'L') produces gold-wrapped chocolate bunnies at this time of year, which are very yummy but quite expensive.  With three small people to buy for (and some big ones too!), we didn't feel able to splash out on 'L' bunnies, but we saw (and tasted, just to be sure) these lovely chocolate bunnies in Aldi and they taste gooooood, honest. Best yet, they cost a fraction of the 'L' bunnies and are slightly bigger too - bargain!

When we got them home, I thought it would be nice to make some packaging for them, so I set about making these boxes.

I had some 12 x 12 inch acetate, which I used for the box itself.  A single sheet wouldn't make all four sides, so I used one sheet to make the two sides and front of the box and a second sheet to make the back.  I joined them with double-sided tape. I turned some yellow Bazzil into a plinth inside the box and covered the joins in the acetate on the inside with a panel of patterned paper, which also gave the bunny a background to stand against. I then repeated this covering, in yellow Bazzil, on the outside back of the box, before making a matching lid, which I punched with my Martha Stewart border punch before making up.

To decorate, I ran a length of yellow satin ribbon around the base of the box, with a length of spring green lying on top, which I tied into a bow at the front of the box.  I made some flowers out of some Cosmo Cricket scraps ('Garden Variety', I think) and punched out some leaf sprays. I attached the flowers and leaves with sticky dots and then sat the bunny inside. 

Et voila! A very hoppy Easter/spring bunny in his own little presentation box.  What a way to turn an inexpensive chocolate bunny into a cheerful Easter gift.

So, I think I've caught up now, although I'm still disappointed that I won't be playing with Magical Crafts this time round.  Still, four challenges isn't bad going so I can go to bed, tired and happy!




Wishing you all a very happy Easter-time. 

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant little Easter treat Peri and just perfect for our Easter/Spring & Chocolate theme this week :) thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love it!
    Thanks for playing!
    Dee - LRW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fabulous project! Thanks so much for joining us at LRW:)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.