Tuesday 27 April 2010

Bonus Post

Having gone to all the trouble of making a card to enter into the two challenges I missed, I thought it only right that I should still post it, even if my brain did go on holiday when the deadline was due!

This was intended for last week's Little Red Wagon challenge, which was 'Ruffles', and I used last week's Papertake sketch for inspiration.

 Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'Abby Celebrating'

Papers: October Afternoon (how did you guess!?)

Tools: EK Success Retro Flower Punches; Floral Punch leaf spray

I've wanted to colour this image of Mo's for a little while now but was worried about all the movement in her dress - I didn't think I could do it justice.  But I have to say I'm rather pleased with how it turned out! 

The brightly coloured balloons are picked up beautifully by the bright colours in the backing paper - nicely complimented, I think. 


Now, I'm not really a ruffley type of girl so I didn't want to use anything too 'poofy' on my card.  I decided that a paper ruffle would be just the ticket, so I took a piece of paper, folded it zig-zag fashion and chalked all edges, including the folded ones, just to give a bit of dimension.  I glued a piece of ribbon down the middle for added oomph.  Once it was on the card, I pulled up the edges of the ruffles so that they stood proud of the card and looked like ruffles! A final flower and a couple of leaf sprays and she was done.  Shame I missed the deadline, eh!?

I shall now try to get to bed before midnight and, more important, fill the hours before dawn with sleep!  Yawn! Soooooo tired. 

Big day tomorrow - why not call back and see why.

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

2 comments:

  1. A delightful card and beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those papeeerrsss!!! What a gorgeous card and your colouring is ...aaaahhhhh, I should just give away my Copics, I'll never be as good!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.