Friday 2 April 2010

'Cheers!' from Your Guest Bartender

As you may recall, I was fortunate to be chosen as a Guest Bartender for this week's challenge over on Raise The Bar. However, this means, of course, that I have had a card ready and waiting to post for nearly a week now, and I have been growing more impatient to show you as each day has passed. Thankfully, this week's RTB challenge has now been posted and my card is there for all to see, so now it's my turn to show you what I've been up to!

The challenge this week is: 'April Showers! {or not} - create a card or project that has a weather based theme: rain, snow, sunshine, you name it!'

This was another spooky coincidence, actually. Whilst at the papercraft fair a couple of weeks ago, I happened to buy a rather nice piece of paper by My Minds Eye, which had coloured raindrops on it. Well, when I found out what the challenge would be, I was over the moon - it was all there, ready to use!

So, here's the end result:

Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'Duck Day'

Papers: Bazzill Basics, Swiss Dot; My Mind's Eye, 'Quite Contrary' collection, 'Sooo Cute'.

Tools: Nestabilities circles and scalloped circles; sewing machine.

Other: Kars teardrop pearls from stash.

This is a glorious image and wonderful fun to colour. I flipped the image left to right, as in the original the little girl is facing to the left, which would mean, of course, that the raindrops on the paper were going right into her little face and we all know how horrible that is, don't we?

I coloured with my Copics (of course) before cutting out with my Nestabilities circle die and matting on to a blue scalloped circle. I then layered this on to a yellow scalloped circle of the same size, but rotated it so that the yellow scallops were showing between the blue ones. Once all the background layers had been put together and sewn around (note to self, need to clean sewing machine needle!), I added some teardrop pearls to the top left of the card and a computer-generated sentiment to the bottom right. Finished!

We're just waiting for friends to join us for dinner, but I think I need to go and wash my hair before they come - I look like a 'Hoo' at the moment (as in 'Horton Hears A ....').

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.