Friday 23 April 2010

Coffee at The Shabby Tea Room?


It's a strange coupling of challenges this evening.  I was lucky enough to win Isabella's Challenge last week so I invested my gift certificate in a couple of lovely new images, one of which I decided to use for this week's challenge. 

The Shabby Tea Room's sketch challenge was interesting this week too, so I decided to combine the two, making it coffee time at the Shabby Tea Rooms, I guess! 
Image: Isabella's Sketchbook 'Coffee and Chocolate'

Papers: DCWV 'Linen Closet'; October Afternoon 'Thrift Shop'

Tools: Martha Stewart punch; small flower punch (not EK Success though!!); Floral Punch leaf spray; white pen.

I love the retro/vintage feel to this digistamp - and the quirky but true sentiment.  Isabella's Challenge was actually 'favourite food' this week, but there is mention of chocolate here, so I think I'm safe! 

I took inspiration from Isabella's rendering of this image on her blog and coloured up the image with my Copics.  I then used a light coloured Prisma pencil to add the 'steam' over the top.

I chose to use a piece of my new October Afternoon papers to mat the image - it is such a cute paper, very retro - and then set this off against a much more geometric background paper from DCWV.  I layered ribbon to give two-tone stripe to echo the bow at the top of the image, then made some little red flowers to pick up the motif on the centre paper.  I'm not 100% sure what little red flowers have to do with coffee and chocolate, other than the fact that I happen to like them also!

By the way, in case any of you are interested, Isabella is currently searching for her first DT members - check out her post here if you're interested in having a go.  And why not buy yourself a couple of images and enter her challenge too! It's good to support our newbies!

Well, long day, hard day and dinner with a friend tonight too, so I'm very tired.  Still, it's Friday tomorrow and then the weekend will be here - craft time!

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

10 comments:

  1. I don't see why not -- coffee and tea ... count me in! Adorable take on this week's sketch challenge!! Be sure to link back to TSTR in order to be considered for the weekly prizes. So glad you could join us again this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the colors and those flowers are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, beautiful card! I love that you're having coffee in the tea room. ;) That digital image is adorable and you did an amazing job with the coloring. Love the scalloped ruffles and the paper choices, too. Thanks for playing along with us at The Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your coloring is flawless! love how you added the "steam"! great tip! gorgeous card - thanks for playing along at Isabella's (:
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Peri, your card came out gorgeous!! I was over at the Shabby Team Room, loading up a card that I had created and saw your card there. You did a magnificent job coloring the image and those papers and flowers set it off to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a wonderful card! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peri, what a fantastic card!!! Congratulations on your win last week and picking up this little ditty was a real find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peri....this card is amazing...so beautiful! ;D Diana

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.