Tuesday 31 August 2010

Rosa's in Red

Well, what a hectic day it has been and tomorrow will be even more so, methinks.  Today I have been preparing the office for 'the takeover' - my boss has sold the business - and tomorrow all the new equipment and cabling is being installed, to bring us into the 21st century and integrate us with our new head office.  Quite exciting but very exhausting! It's the end of an era ... but I'm excited for the beginning of the new venture.

Tonight's card is another Mo and is my entry for the following challenges:

Sweet Sketch Wednesday

Sketchy Colours - Red, orange and yellow
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Let's get digital

And here it is:

Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'Rosa'

Paper: American Craft, 'Bruschetta'

I've been meaning to have a go at this beautiful image for ages now but could never quite pluck up the courage - I mean, all those folds!  But as I was going through my papers the other day, I found the remnants of this gorgeous paper and, for some reason, the flowers reminded me of Rosa's dress.  So I could put it off now more - I had to have a go.

I knew I wanted the image area to be circular and although the sketch is square, I've stuck pretty much to the basic layout. 



I used my trusty Copics for the shading - thankfully, once I'd got the general light and movement fixed in my mind, it wasn't as difficult as I'd imagined, although I'm sure that it's neither as accurate nor as good as it could have been, if only I'd been more daring.  Still, the end result is pretty much as I'd imagined and there's certainly some movement going on there!

No shading with my Prismas this time - I simply used my Nestabilities to cut out a pale yellow circle and a scalloped white circle before using a compass and pair of scissors for the final black circle.  Layered on to this vibrant paper and finished with a red satin ribbon and bow, I quite like Rosa, now she's finished.

So, I must rush to link up and get to bed - in for 8.00 a.m. tomorrow so I need to sleeeeeeeep!

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

13 comments:

  1. Wow! This is beautiful, such a great image & fab papers. Thanks for playing along with us this week @ SSW :)

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Superb image and amazing colouring. Thanks for playing at SSW!

    Jenny T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous and totally inspiring Peri. What a lovely card, you should be very proud of what you have achieved. Looks flawless to me.

    Hugs, Fae xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your image is so pretty love that fun coloring Great job. Thanks for playing along @SSW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is breath taking!!! Your image is stunning. Beautiful job coloring her up!! Just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us!
    Nancy SSW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This card is just stunning! It really took my breath away! I love the papers! They go perfectly with the image and the ribbon just adds the right vibrancy! Love it!
    Erika - SSW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredibly beautiful and oh so gorgeous!!
    Wow - those colors are absolutely amazing.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, just wow!! This is absolutely stunning!!! Your image is gorgeous and I love the red bow! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another Mo's image....I love them. Beautiful colors and it takes me right back to Mexico! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge with your wonderful card...we hope you enjoyed this weeks challenge :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The thumbnail of amazing creation just jumped out of my sidebar - I just HAD to stop by and say WOW!!!! So glad you didn't scared off by the folds in the end!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is breathtaking!!! The image is perfectly colored, and the paper you have used is a great match!
    Thank you for joining Sketchy Colors this week, and lots of luck!
    Hugs, Marianne:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. вот это да!! очень впечатляет!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.