Saturday 14 August 2010

I'm Vampin' Ya!

A few years ago, an American friend showed me some black and white sketch shows featuring Abbott and Costello and I have to say they were some of the cleverest and funniest shows I've ever seen.  The details are lost in the midst of time but a few impressions have been longer lasting, such as the baseball sketch (Who's on First?), the maths sketch (adding up has never been such fun!) and a couple of lines from another sketch:

"What cha doin'?
I'm vampin' ya.
Well, vamp me some mo'."

Couldn't tell you what the rest of it was about but this has stayed with me for some reason! So today, I'm vampin' ya with another of KennyK's delicious downloads:

Image: Kenny K, 'Luscious Linda' from his 'Gothik Angelz' collection

Papers: October Afternoon (and I must replenish my stock!)

I've used the layout from this week's Inspirational Card Sketches challenge and I'll be entering Luscious Linda, for sure.

It's unusual for me to use torn edges but I really quite like it for this card. I must get more adventurous with my finishes and layouts!

I couldn't resist using the 'Vampa-licious' sentiment, generated on my PC, as I think it sums this one up perfectly!

It was quite refreshing to work with such a different type of image - the colours can be bolder, for one.


She was a dream to colour with my Copics and I kept the background (Prismacolours, of course) fairly neutral to blend with the DPs.  I added a nice wide black satin ribbon and some small pewter brads to finish and picked out the metallic detail on her boots with a silver gel pen. 

I have a treat today - I'm meeting a crafty friend for coffee and a quick trip to our local Paper Mill shop! Then off to have dinner with other friends this evening and tomorrow, I make scones in preparation for afternoon tea with friends at home.  Busy weekend! But when will I find time for crafting!???? I shall have withdrawal symptoms by tomorrow evening!

Hope your Saturday is a good one too.

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

6 comments:

  1. WOW fab card...luv the image...ace colouring xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow just loving this card. The black and white alongside that great image. They just work so well together. Thank you for joining us at ICS this week. Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Peri - see you later! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW stunning! Love how everything works together so beautifully. Thanks for joining us over at ICS this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock the image with the colours! Great work! Thanks for joining us at ICS this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your damask b/g DP! This is one sexy lady, I love how you coloured her! Thanks for playing with ICS this week!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.