Thursday 12 August 2010

Download Diva

I was reminiscing with a friend the other day about LPs and cassette tapes, the music makers of our youth.  And then I got to thinking about my Great Grandmother, who was born in the late 1800s and by the time she died had seen the advent of most of our domestic machinery, the motor car, the television, radio, space travel, telephones - in fact, most of the stuff we take for granted these days.  And, to be honest, I can feel my own Grandma moment coming on when I look at all the technology that's around us these days - not least the computer, which is such a necessary part of our daily lives.  Without it, I wouldn't be sitting here at home communicating with all you lovely people from around the world - it's a bit of a mindbend, sometimes!  And, of course, LPs and cassettes have now been replaced by CDs and downloads and I'm sure there's even more clever things on the way!  Aaaaah, progress!

So, on to tonight's card then and you'll see where my reminiscing was leading:

Image: KennyK, 'Download Diva'

Papers: Cosmo Cricket (circle) and DCWV (check)

Tools: EK Success Retro Flower punch - medium; Floral Punch leaf spray

Isn't this just a great image for a teenage technophile?! It reminds me so much of Daughter - iPod a constant companion!

This is another of KennyK's Glam Gang collection and I love these stamps! They're great for teens and tweens - so modern! 






I used my Copics to colour her up, as usual, and my Prismacolors to add the grounding and 'glow'.  The layout is from Sketch Saturday and is their challenge sketch this week. After my last mega-challenge post, I'm keeping this one simple and entering just two:

Sketch Saturday - Sketch (of course!)
Everybody-Art Challenge - Checks

I get to lie in bed in the morning - no getting up at 6.30! Yaaay!  Mind you, I'll have to be careful not to sleep in too long - I still have to get to work for the afternoon.  And then it will be the weekend - can't wait!

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.