Thursday 1 October 2009

Don't Stop Me Now! (I'm having such a good time)

Yup, I'm having such a good time with my new goodies (when do they stop being 'new'?).  I'm loving the Prismacolor pencils and Sansodor (gamsol) technique, although I need plenty of practice, I reckon.  But, for the first time in a long time I'm back in the swing of things with my card making and really enjoying myself.  Unfortunately, the front room looks a bit like a bomb has hit it! I don't have a studio or craft room to myself, where I can shut myself away from the rest of the house, so I tend to prefer to be in the front room, with all my things spread out on the coffee table, making the place look untidy. But, hey, life's too short for housework when there's cards to be made, don't you agree?!

Thought I'd try out my lovely robot stamps from Stamping Bella (you'll see that name in almost every post at the moment) - they are sooo cute.  I came up with these:







Molly Watt 









Cakey Watt


   
 
 
 
 











Kilo Watt








The greetings aren't quite what I'd set out to do but, still, I would be happy to receive any of them, which is my rule of thumb when I'm doing anything.  If I would be unhappy if it dropped through my door, then I don't keep it or I re-do it until it passes the test.  It's only fair, I think.

Papers are mostly Cosmo Cricket and My Minds Eye (again) but the top paper on Molly Watt is just plain paper that I drew lines on with my glue pen and then covered with Glamour Dust. After shaking the excess off, I was left with this rather nice (I think) glittery criss-cross effect - just the sort of thing I was looking for.  I'm going to try the same technique but with swirls, or something similar, perhaps, just to see how it would look.

I've had an e-mail today to say that the rest of my Bellas are on their way, so I'm really excited.  Don't know how long it'll be before they land on my doorstep but I wish it could be in time for the weekend - it's World Card Making Day on Saturday and I'm having a crafty day in with a friend (we're sending our partners fishing together). What fun it would be to be able to play with my new Bellas.  I've already promised her that she can try out my new 'cutty machiney thing' (Spellbinder Wizard) but I don't know if I'll let her get her hands on my Prismacolors - a girl has to have boundaries!  I'll have to see if some of my other pencils will work with Sansodor, so at least I can show her the technique.  She's new to card making and she's coming to get some tips from an old hand.  So glad I've found the joy again before she arrives. 

So, it's now time to get some shut-eye.  Tomorrow's Friday (woop-woop) and I think I've earned my weekend this week.  Night-night all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.