Thursday 9 December 2010

Oldies But Goodies at Karen's Doodles

Thursday again, Crafty Bloglanders - and another week closer to Christmas!  At some point I should really give some thought to buying presents but the weather is so cold and the ground so slippery that I can't contemplate venturing out on a shopping trip at the moment!  I shall be making plenty of money wallets, just in case!

And Thursday means another 'Oldies But Goodies' showcase over at the Karen's Doodles Challenge Blog, where my Teamies and I bring out some of our favourite but older Karen's Doodles images to inspire you.

The snow is still with us, although it is gradually thawing a little.  However, the nights are so cold that the melting snow is simply turning to ice and it's like a skating rink outside.  Bet this little one wouldn't mind though:


Image:  Karen's Doodles, 'Skating Fun'

Papers: October Afternoon, 'Good Cheer' and 'Very Merry' collection

What a great image this is for a cold winter's day!  I love the movement - and with the little dog running out of the frame, I get the feeling she's moving quickly!  The DPs were chosen because they were some of the last scraps I had of these favourite papers and I wanted to use them up together.  I might just have to buy some more, even though Christmas is almost upon us and they won't be needed for another 12 months. 



I coloured her up with my Copics and added a little extra shading and background with my Prismas.  I appear to have made the dog cross-eyed though! Poor thing!

So, pop over to Karen's Doodles Challenge Blog and see what my talented Teamies have created for you this week - don't forget to leave them some love.  And while you're over there, why not check out this week's challenge, which is really simple this week: Christmas!  Show us your Christmas creations and you could be in with a chance of winning up to three Karen's Doodles images of your choice.

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Peri, what a fabulous imae and your colouring of it is beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow just wow, the image is such a fun and the colours combo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Peri, love it.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.