Saturday 26 February 2011

Another Up-date

Hello all you wonderful Crafties, hope all is well out there in Crafty Blogland!

Just thought I'd up-date you again - second treatment completed yesterday and dare I say there is a little improvement?  It is certainly showing in my blood tests, although it might take a while for it to filter through to my body!  But I woke up this morning and my knees weren't as stiff and swollen, although there's still a way to go with the rest of me!

Still don't know how long it's going to take before I'm back but, in the meantime, here's another card I've managed to produce this past fortnight.  My middle niece has just moved into her first home with her darling baby daughter and when I saw this beautiful image by A Day for Daisies, it so reminded me of the pair of them. 


Stamp: A Day for Daisies, 'Sweet Boy' (but I think it could be either boy or girl!)
Papers: Digi Papers by Sarah Smutchz, 'Dainty' 

I wanted something delicate and pretty to put with this image and these beautiful digital papers were just the thing.  The stamp could be either girl or boy, I think, and it certainly looked like my little grand-niece to me. This image is so like a photograph we have of the two of them, it was uncanny.



I told you I'd been gathering colouring tips whilst I've been away and I hope I've managed to use some of them in this 'portrait' - I certainly feel I've got some reasonable shading going on here.  I hope my niece will like it.

I wish it wasn't such a struggle to create at the moment - my head is full of ideas but it's too tiring to do much with any of them.  Still, there's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel now and I can't wait to see if this new drug lives up to the promise.

Might I also take this opportunity to say a big 'thank you' to Christine, Bron and Lin who, in my absence, have given me awards for my blog.  It means a lot, ladies, and I promise I'll publish them properly once I'm back.

Take care, my crafty friends.
Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

12 comments:

  1. Such a precious image.
    You have done an amazing job with the image.
    Wish you to get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is adorable with a capital A!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Peri, a super card!

    Pleased to hear that there has been a little improvement, you look after yourself now, we'll all be here waiting for you, you take care.
    Hugs Jacee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peri, hope things are improving for you.You're having a rough time.Beautiful card.Keep your chin up.Take care.Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peri, adorable card and your shading on the faces is so perfect. I am thrilled to hear your meds are helping, crossing my fingers for greater results. We miss you at Karen's Doodles. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better! And your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the scalloped layers. Hope you are feeling better soon. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peri, glad I stopped in to check on you. Glad to hear you are beginning to have hope this treatment will work Yea!!!! Beautiful card, you still got it GF!!! You Rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous!! Love the image and your colouring!! adore the scollop detail too! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peri, It's been a while since I stopped by to see what was happening in your world. What a thrill to see that there might be some positive news on the horizon. Your talent has been sadly missed and I will be really happy to see you back creating.

    Your card is just lovely and the one below of your Mother is amazing.

    Hugs and things

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peri, I just realised that this post is a year old! Silly me. I do hope that doesn't mean that the treatment wasn't effective.

    Sending you positive vibes

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous shading , well done and what a lovely card Peri,
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.