Thursday 31 December 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well, December is nearly at an end and January is waiting in the wings and I can't believe that another year is over.  This year has gone so quickly, particularly the latter half, with the wedding, Daughter's move to university and, of course, the month-long honeymoon in October/November.  Mind you, I can't wait to see what opportunities 2010 will bring and, of course, what wonderful new craft supplies will become available!  I get excited about the new paper releases and colour trends, just as much as some ladies get excited about the latest fashions. 

And for our friends, the New Year will be their first in their new home and we are delighted for them.  I made a free-standing pop-up card from the brilliant tutorial on Split Coast Stampers, altering the dimensions a little to suit what I wanted.





It's a lovely idea, just a bit different from a usual card, and it worked really well.  I added the 'Home Sweet Home' sign just to set the whole thing off and the ribbon and felt flowers just helped it pop a little. 

Around the same time I made a 'New Home' card for our neighbours, who had moved in while we were in Australia.  They're a lovely family, so smiley and happy, and we wanted to welcome them 'officially' once we'd returned. 



Papers are Cosmo Cricket (of course) and the image is a digital image from Pink Petticoat (who have some half-price downloads at the moment!).  They liked it very much and we're looking forward to getting to know them better in the New Year.

Anyway, all I have to do now is to wish you all in Crafty Blogland a very happy, peaceful, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Happy crafting
Px


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.